Parents – we know it can be tough to help your child find their love of reading so we’re here to offer some practical tips and tricks.
Here’s a few tips from educator and Chief Reading Inspirer, Alvin Irby:
- Create a reading routine – take weekly/monthly trips to the library or book store. Also, create a space in your house where the family can indulge in reading time.
- Go to museums monthly – read the descriptions of the art, and discuss the art and artists.
- Introduce audiobooks as a way to consume books.
- Incorporate reading into normal everyday activities such as grocery shopping and cooking (i.e. looking at the ingredients or nutrition facts or reading the instructions for recipes while cooking.
- Let your children read whatever they want as long as it’s not adult content.
- Read a really great novel to your children.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.